Learnt the basics of coding and now are looking for a challenge?
Try our CoderZ Intermediate course! Using the virtual LEGO® MINDSTORMS Education EV3 set, students will learn about intermediate level coding and sensors.
This intermediate course covers everything from Linear programming to Loops and Events, but also goes one step further with Conditionals. Students will learn to integrate sensors like the Ultrasonic sensor and Touch sensors into their robots and write complex codes to navigate their robot through missions.
Every mission is tailored fit to ensure maximum fun. There are also plenty of open-ended missions where students can write their codes to show their creativity and critical thinking.
With so much to learn and so much to do, children in this course will never have a dull day!
Objective of the Course
Students will learn how to manipulate sensors and a robot in a completely virtual environment. They will also be exposed to coding concepts such as decision-making statements, loops and conditions to affect various responses from the robot. The challenge mission pack will also serve as a way for students to test their abilities.
Outcome of the Course
Students will learn STEM with robotics and learn how to code virtual robots accompanied by a step-by-step curriculum and gamified missions completely online.
- Recommended Age: 8 - 16 years old
- Total Number of Hours: 20 hours (2 hours per lesson)
- Venue: Online
- Over 50 gamified missions with easy to follow walkthroughs and tips
- Basic Scratch-based experience required
- Designed for inclusivity and accessibility at home and in schools
- Starts on 31 May 2021, Monday
- Sessions run on Mon/Wed/Fri every week (E.g. Lesson 1 - Mon, Lesson 2 - Wed etc.)
- Time: 11am - 1pm per session
Linear Programming: Basic Robot Movements
Distance, Duration, Direction
Object Detection Part 1
Repeat Loops Part 1
Repeat Loops Part 2
Challenge Mission 1
Object Detection 2:
Challenge Mission 2
Why use the CoderZ Platform?
CoderZ is an innovative, friendly and engaging online learning tool. It provides students between Primary 6 (12 years old) to Pre-University (18 years old) with a strong foundation to real world technologies with high demand. Being an online platform allows CoderZ to be a highly affordable solution for parents in the search of bolstering their child's robotics and programming education at home.
Students have the opportunity to learn online with engaging, gamified solutions, challenges and competitions. Working at their own pace, students can easily program real and virtual robots from anywhere in the world. CoderZ enables them to acquire computational thinking, problem solving skills and learn coding as a life skill. CoderZ is designed for students with different background levels of robotics: From Blockly to Java.
Example Activity using CoderZ
Please input your child's name in the comments section of the checkout page.(To be used in Certificate of Completion)
- Account creation may take up to 3 working days. Please be patient.
- After making payment, you will receive a purchase confirmation email first.
- Once your account has been successfully created, you will receive another email with the account details to sign-in to CoderZ, and access the online course you have paid for.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device