Sets are instock in Singapore.
Check out our blog post about 10 things you should know about the new set!
An Intuitive, Inclusive and Adaptable Learning Solution
LEGO® Education SPIKE™ Essential is the cross-curricular STEAM solution for primary education. SPIKE Essential engages students in hands-on investigation of STEAM concepts while contributing to literacy, math, and social-emotional development. Standards-aligned learning units use everyday themes, relatable Minifigures with different personalities and familiar LEGO® building elements to solve problems through storytelling.
SPIKE Essential consists of a main classroom brick set with a wide variety of LEGO® elements and intelligent hardware, along with the intuitive SPIKE™ App, all of which is accompanied by a selection of unit plans and comprehensive online and in-app support.
SPIKE Essential excites students and delivers strong STEAM learning outcomes, developing their STEAM knowledge and practices, and 21st century skills.
- For Ages 6 - 10
- Can be shared between 2 children at a time
- Sturdy storage box with colour-coded sorting trays
- Includes 449 bricks (with replacement packs)
- 5 hardware components
- LEGO® Technic™ Small Hub (The Brain)
- LEGO® Technic™ 3x3 Color Light Matrix
- LEGO® Technic™ Color Sensor
- LEGO® Technic™ Small Angular Motor
- Small Wheels
- Set includes 40 standardised lesson plans
(Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for customised lesson plans & worksheets)
- Each learning unit includes:
- A unit-wide theme: Great Adventures, Amazing Amusement Park, Happy Traveler, Crazy Carnival Games and Quirky Creations
- A learning sequence with one introductory lesson, several guided practice lessons and one open-ended project
- 7-8 lessons
- Additional 30+ minute language arts and math extensions for each lesson
- 6-10 hours of content
Ready for STEAM Competitions
LEGO® Education SPIKE™ Essential extends its creative spirit beyond the classroom to robotics clubs, coding programs, and maker spaces. STEAM programs are a highly motivating and engaging way for students to develop and demonstrate their science and technology skills. These programs help students learn the cooperation, collaboration, and teamwork skills they’ll need to excel in a changing workforce.
LEGO® Education SPIKE™ Essential will empower you and your students to take on the world of STEAM competitions. Robotics competitions like FIRST® LEGO® League and World Robot Olympiad offer fun hands-on challenges that get students excited, build confidence, and develop the kind of skills needed for real world success.
SPIKE Essential’s Explore unit allows teams of students to practice teamwork and collaboration in the FIRST® LEGO® League Explore Division, where they’ll be introduced to STEM, coding, and robotics design as they complete fun real-world challenges.
Part of The LEGO® Learning System
Rethink STEAM learning and spark joy in the classroom. With the LEGO® Learning System, students’ knowledge, skills, and confidence grow along with their love of learning year after year - from 4 years old to 16 years old.
Learn more about the LEGO® Learning System here
Interconnected Solutions that work Seamlessly Together
The easy-to-adopt LEGO® Learning System offers solutions that work with or without technology. Implement the full system at once or introduce individual solutions over time.
Resources for Educators and Trainers
Get Started - Introduction to the Set (For Educators/Trainers):
- Example Lesson Plans
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device