The digital EV3 Color Sensor distinguishes between seven different colors and can also detect the absence of color. It also serves as a light sensor by detecting light intensities. Students can build color-sorting and line-following robots, experiment with light reflection of different colors, and gain experience with a technology that is widely used in industries such as recycling, agriculture, and packaging.
- Measures reflected red light and ambient light from darkness to very bright sunlight
- Capable of detecting seven colors plus the absence of color. It can tell the difference between color or black-and-white or among blue, green, yellow, red, white, and brown.
- Sample rate of 1 kHz
- Auto-ID is built into the EV3 Software.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device