Competition Training for National Robotics Competition (NRC)
Not part of the school team? Don't fret! Join us at STEAM Engine and form a team with new friends.
Or before committing to our training sessions, you can register your interest to join a private team here: https://cutt.ly/nrc2023x
Our coordinator will contact you by July 2023 if there are other similar aged students who can be part of your child's team.
Our STEAM Engine team will prepare you for the annual National Robotics Competition and help you find team members.
- Direct School Admissions-Recognised (DSA)
- Exposure to Local Talent
Direct School Admissions-Recognised (DSA)
The National Robotics Competition (NRC) is the largest local robotics competition event in Singapore that spans across different age groups, from 5 to 18 years old. It is a prestigious competition that is recognised and remains a staple for DSA applications. Students can participate in different competitive events that uses different robotics systems and sets under the NRC such as KUBO Robotics, Arduino Education, LEGO Education and more. Each season starts in May and ends in September the same year.
Certificates of participation & Awards from NRC are internationally recognized and good to have in the portfolio for Direct School Admission (DSA) or other Scholarship applications.
Exposure to Local Talent
Every year, schools in Singapore will send their best teams to compete in the event. Participants will get to meet and befriend local talent in robotics. Teams will also be exposed to others' strategies and gain priceless experience.
The competition allows our local talent to build confidence in order to compete internationally one day.
NRC Preschool Preparatory Course for Children 4 to 6 years old
The robotics course offered by STEAM Engine is specially designed to introduce young learners aged 4 to 6 years to the exciting world of robotics and prepare them for the National Robotics Competition Pre School Category using the KUBO Robotics Set.
* Take note that your child has to be at least 5 years old as of 30th Aug 2023 to qualify for the competition
Activities for Additional Sessions
- Refresher Course on Robot of Choice
- Problem Solving Techniques
- Computational Thinking Pillars
- Brainstorm, Design & Construction of Robot with Base & Attachments
- Agile Building Technique: Design, Build, Test, Assess
- Competition Simulation: Efficiency Programming with Virtual Robots
- Focus on Assigned Missions
- Reflection, Reconstruction & Improvisation of Robot
- Setting up Playfield: Prop Building & Mission Preparation
- Presentation Preparation: Props, Slides and Presentation Practice
NRC Categories (2023)
1. NRC Preschool Category (KUBO)
Age: 5 - 6 years old
2. NRC Lower Primary (SPIKE ESSENTIAL/WEDO 2.0)
Age: 7 - 9 years old
3. NRC Upper Primary (SPIKE PRIME/ EV3)
Age: 9 - 12 years old
4. NRC Secondary (SPIKE PRIME/EV3)
Age: 12 - 17 years old
5. NRC AI MAKER SERIES - Primary (Quarky)
Age: 7 - 9 years old
6. NRC AI MAKER SERIES - Secondary (Quarky)
Age: 12 - 17 years old
For more information on the 2023 Season details, head over to https://www.science.edu.sg/for-schools/competitions/national-robotics-competition
All Packages Include
||To record learning experience, reflections & competition strategy|
|2.||Coach Fees||Each team will train with one coach|
Rental of Training Kits and
WeDo 2.0/SPIKE Essential/SPIKE Prime/EV3 Sets/Competition Table etc.
For onsite training only.
|4.||Competition Fee||Fee will be split between number of students|
|5.||Craft materials for Competition Presentation||Such as trifold presentation board for FLL Explore, stationery, etc|
|6.||Printed Certificates of Completion by STEAM Engine||This certificate is separate from the Certificate of Participation of the actual competition|
|7.||Booking slot of Training Venue||Duck Learning Training Room
Address: 240 MacPherson Road, Pines Industrial Building, #03-01, S348574
For more info, Whatsapp our STEAM Engine operator at 9822 5921.
STEAM Engine is a learning centre by Duck Learning Singapore.
Duck Learning Singapore is the official Singapore partner of LEGO Education.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device