NRC General Updates
NRC General Updates
Latest date when update was made: 1 October 2021
- The Robot Game video submission guide can be viewed by clicking the following link:
- The challenge documents for the following categories have been updated:
1) WRO Regular Category
2) WRO WeDo Regular Category
3) WRO Open Category
4) WRO Future Engineers Category
- The Randomization guide release date has been brought forward to 22nd of October 2021 instead of 25th of October 2021. This affects all 4 WRO categories of challenges.
- With the shift in the NRC competition timeline from September to November as a result of tightened national SMM measures back in August, we will like to inform you that we will not be sending teams to WRO International Finals this year.
- Due to the Covid Phase 2 (Heightened Alert), are the competitions still going to be on the same dates?
Answer: The competition dates have been postponed and updated. Please refer to the respective categories for the updated dates.
- Do we need to buy competition parts?
Answer: Respective competition requires its own extra parts to be purchased. Please refer to the respective competition challenge booklets.
- Do we need to have a coach?
Answer: Yes, it is stated in all the challenge booklets that an adult (over the age of 20) has to be registered as a coach for each team.
- If my school only has SPIKE Prime, and I want to send my students for the WeDo competition, am I allowed to loan WeDo sets from Duck Learning?
Answer: Yes, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or you can directly contact the Duck Learning Education Executives if you have their number.
- Can we change the team members after we have registered a team?
Answer: Yes, but must be done by 6th of August 2021. Team members can be changed before the submission for the qualifiers, but it is on a case to case basis. An email must be sent to email@example.com to request for this change. It is subject to approval by the NRC Organizing Committee.
- Is it mandatory to use the play table for the competition ? Can students put the mat on the floor and complete the mission ?
Answer : Students can put the mat on the floor and complete the mission.