10 Reasons Why Your Students Should Join a National Robotics Competition
Still thinking of whether joining is worth the effort and resources? Here are the top 10 reasons why your students should never miss a national robotics competition, even if they're not planning to be a roboticist in the future!
1. Learn important STEAM concepts while playing
STEAM refers to Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics. Being part of a large robotics competition requires your team to be well-rounded. Amazing programming skills won't get you far if you can't understand needs, build and explain your ideas effectively. This means that students from all walks of life are welcomed to help give their team an edge.
2. Polish your critical thinking skills and creativity
3. Boost your portfolio
4. Keep up with technology
5. Build your character
While every team hopes to win a prize, competitions are not just about winning. Through the different challenges, everyone comes out a winner if they've grown from the experience.
6. Meet the best students and professionals in the STEM industry
7. Better memory retention through hands-on learning
8. Shared experiences with like-minded students
9. Exposure to real-world problems faced by professionals