App v. 3.3.0
- 1.5 GHz Intel® Core i3 processor - or better
- 4 GB RAM
- 3 GB available storage space
- Bluetooth 4.0 or above
- Windows 10 (64-bit), version 1803 or newer
- Windows 11 (64-bit), version 22H2
Easy wireless connection means students can start working on lessons faster allowing them to spend more time engaging and learning. Wireless connections through Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) are more straightforward and faster and available for all platforms and SPIKE sets. This includes wireless connection for SPIKE Prime for web app users!
Improved motor precision increases the predictability of the model movement. The motor movement blocks improve motor regulation resulting in more precise motor behavior.
Updating firmware is now much faster for SPIKE Prime. Students can continue to work their coding during the upgrade.
More Hub memory supports bigger user programs. This allows advanced users and competition teams to string longer code together to solve missions more effectively.
Simplified palette of motor and movement blocks makes coding more intuitive and empower students to test, debug and optimize their designs.
For advanced users or those on a competition team who reuse/revisit saved programs, it may be best to wait to upgrade as your programs will not be compatible with SPIKE App 3.
- The Python API is part of a coming update to the SPIKE App.If you are coding in Python, we recommend you stay on the Spike Legacy App until this update is available.
- SPIKE App 2 projects are not currently compatible with the SPIKE App 3 and vice versa.If you have saved user programs that you want to run, please use the Legacy App.