WHAT IS ARDUINO?
Arduino is an open-source hardware, software, and content platform with a worldwide community of over 30 million active users. It has powered thousands of projects over the years,
from everyday objects to complex scientific instruments. This has been made possible due to a wide range of electronic boards for each communication protocol, including WiFi, Bluetooth, LoRa, Sigfox, GSM, and more.
WHAT IS THE ARDUINO ENGINEERING KIT?
The Arduino Engineering Kit is the ideal solution for Tertiary (JC, Polytechnic and University) students, providing a state-of-the- art, hands-on incorporation of Arduino technology in an educational setting.
The kit is primarily for three types of users:
- Students learning about engineering at a tertiary level (e.g., to be used in an “Introduction to Engineering” course);
- Professors teaching engineering who also want practical resources to demonstrate engineering concepts;
- Makers with an interest or background in engineering, either professionally or as a hobby.
Basically, it’s an enjoyable kit for anyone.
The Arduino Engineering Kit includes three cutting-edge Arduino-based projects so that students can easily learn fundamental engineering concepts, key aspects of mechatronics, and MATLAB and Simulink programming. These projects will challenge them intellectually and help them to develop physical engineering skills and they’re just fun to do.
Build-able projects included are:
This motorcycle will maneuver on its own on various terrains and remain upright using a flywheel for balance. It’s very exciting to build and to see in action.
This vehicle can navigate between given reference points, move objects with a forklift that’s controlled by computer vision, and much more. It’s very fun to make and use.
WHITEBOARD DRAWING ROBOT
This robot can take a drawing it’s given and duplicate it on a whiteboard. It’s most impressive.
The kit is sold in a hard plastic, stackable tool box for storage and years of reuse. Inside the box is an easy-to-use Arduino MKR1000 board, several customized parts, and a complete set of
electrical and mechanical components needed to assemble all three projects. In addition to the state-of-the-art, high-quality, open-source hardware provided, after registering online, the user will have access to a dedicated e-learning platform and high quality learning materials.
Each Arduino Engineering Kit includes:
• 1 Arduino MKR1000 Board
• 1 Arduino MKR Motor Shield
• 1 Arduino MKR IMU Shield
• 1 DC Motor
• 2 Geared DC Motors with Encoder
• 1 Standard Micro Servo (180 degrees)
• 1 Hall Sensor Module
• 1 Ultrasonic Sensor Module
• 1 Webcam
• 1 LiPo Battery
• 1 LiPo Battery Charger
• 1 Micro USB Cable
• 1 3-pin to 4-pin Tinkerkit Module Cable
• 1 3-pin Tinkerkit Module Cable
• 3 Sets of Assembly Pieces
• 2 Wheels
• 1 Caster Wheel
• 1 Timing Belt
• 2 Timing Pulley
• 2 DC Motor Mounting Brackets
• 1 Metal Shaft (90mm)
• 2 Metal D Shafts (50mm)
• 2 Sets of Distance Spacers (6mm, 17mm)
• 2 Sets of M2 Bolts (10mm, 25mm)
• 3 Sets of M3 Bolts (10mm, 15mm, 25mm)
• 1 Set of M2 Nuts
• 1 Set of M3 Nuts
• 1 Set of M3 Lock Nuts with Nylon Insert
• 3 Shaft Collars
• 1 Propeller Adapter Screw
• 2 Magnets Ø8 mm
• 1 Thread 5m
• 2 Whiteboard Pens
• 1 Sticker for Vision Recognition
Is this kit in any other language apart from English?
Not at the moment, however, Arduino is considering adding other languages in the future.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device