What We Excel In
We aim to help schools, educators and parents achieve effective STEAM education for their children and students to make them lifelong learners.
• Programmes (Online, Offline, Short-term & Long-term)
• Teacher Support (Professional Development, Resources, Tech Support)
• Learning Tools and Resources (Kits, Replacement Parts, Platforms etc.)
• Consultancy (Special Education, Sustainability, Tech Expertise etc.)
• Event Planning (Competitions, Workshops, Recreational Activities etc.)
*STEAM = Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Mathematics
Not Just a Coding School
We believe in developing our students' natural ability. Not everyone is suited to be a top coder, roboticist or engineer but everyone can develop computational thinking skills that can help them achieve their goals in their everyday life.
An artist can build smart sculptures with building materials and a microcontroller. A restaurant manager can develop ideas on how to optimise his order-taking system. The trick is to allow one's passion to fuel the STEAM learning journey.
Start the journey, pick a topic:
- Art & Design
- Language & Literacy
- Character & Citizenship Education
- More Subjects & Topics →
The Duck Learning Ecosystem
Grow with Duck Learning - preschool to tertiary, students to teachers, beginner to experts, playful learning to global competitions!
Rulang STEM Conference
For MOE teachers - Attend our annual STEM conference in collaboration with Rulang Primary School, a centre of excellence for robotics, and discover new tools and insights.BROWSE MORE
FIRST LEGO League Singapore
For preschool to secondary school students - Learning in class may be great but joining a global competition is fun and memorable! Also, this year, FLL goes fully virtual!BROWSE MORE
Home-based STEAM Learning
For schools & students - Learning doesn't stop in school! Continue your learning at home via online platforms that facilitate and value-add home-based learning for students.BROWSE MORE
Applied Learning Programme (ALP)
For primary and secondary schools - We can implement (preset or customised) level-wide programmes and CCA trainings based on the learning outcomes set by your school.BROWSE MORE
STEAM Engine Learning Centre
For general public - Enroll yourself in parent-child workshops, your children for STEAM-based courses/camps (beginner, intermediate, advanced), or sign up for a team-bonding experience!BROWSE MORE
...and many more!
With more than 16 years of experience as a STEAM Education (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Mathematics) solution provider, we have honed our methods to develop students into future-ready leaders.
Creating Future Ready Leaders
Duck Learning endeavours to equip students, the future leaders of our society, with useful STEAM-based skills, knowledge and aptitude.
Skills & Knowledge
By incorporating activities that develop critical thinking, collaboration, communication and creativity (4Cs) into our programmes, we help to develop these 4 important skills in our students. To track the growth of our students, we utilise reliable assessments that test the 4Cs and knowledge levels of the students. We impart knowledge to our students using The QUACK Method.
THE QUACK METHOD
1.QUESTION → 2.UNDERSTAND → 3.APPLY → 4.CRITIQUE → 5.KNOW(LEDGE)
1. The QUACK Method start with students questioning the world around them. Our trainers jump-start this by showing them examples that pique their curiosity and make them question why certain phenomena happen - almost like a magic show!
2. Students are then given the explanation for these phenomena so they can understand theoretically.
3. Once they understand the basic theories, they can move on to apply these theories in real life projects and tasks by playing with the relevant kits and sets. Learning through play allows them to make mistakes and testing their assumptions without thinking about examination pressure.
4. Once students gain confidence in their understanding and application, they can now critique their own processes to accomplish a certain task effectively, efficiently or whatever the underlying goal may be. Students are to critique their own work or their classmates' work and learn from each other's insight.
5. At the end, our students will know how to apply the newfound skills and knowledge in their everyday lives and future projects.
Future-ready leaders are not made at one go! Consistent learning and challenges are required to help students continue to grow.
In tandem with our courses, schools, educators, parents and students themselves can continue their STEAM learning journey by exhausting our Duck Learning Ecosystem (which continues to grow!)
• Join friendly or highly competitive competitions (intra-school, inter-school, national, regional, international)
• Sign up for STEAM-related holiday camps or hackathons
• Take up more advanced workshops or courses to upgrade their skills and knowledge
• Try out other kits and sets that require different skills and knowledge (coding, robot build etc.)
• Incorporate learning and having fun with their family and teammates in STEAM-based team-bonding activities
• Attend conferences or events to meet other like-minded individuals or share ideas and insights!
Schools and educators rejoice! LEGO Education has created a progressive system called the LEGO Learning System, which entails STEAM learning sets that integrate with each other seamlessly from ages 4 to 16 years old. Save on resources and effort with the comprehensive system and bring greater STEAM learning impact to your students.
The SPIKE Essential is not only a wonderful set to introduce your students to programming and engineering, but also problem-solving with a heart and communication with purpose. Here are 10 other things that makes the SPIKE Essential stand out as the choice robotics set in schools around the world!
Here is a a quiz and breakdown to help you figure out which LEGO Education learning tool is best for your child's STEAM education. (SPIKE™ Essential Vs. WeDo 2.0)
Here is a list of secondary schools that take in Direct School Admission applications under the STEM Talent Domain. Last updated on 19 Oct 2021.
Our Valued Customers & Partners
...and many more!